Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

George the seagull





This is my friend George.
He is a seagull
And the photo above is a portrait of him.
Perched on top of the black post

Every morning at daybreak I swim out to him and sing him a song
Why, it could be 'I'm not in love' by 10cc.
Or, 'True love will find you in the end' by Daniel Johnson
Maybe 'Wild Thing' by the Troggs
Always love songs

You see, I play this game. 'My last day on earth'
I guess it's just a mind game like any other, but I like it because it intensifies every day.

What I do is experiment with my mind, to see what it's up to.

You see, it gets in the way all of the time, so I figure if I pretend that this is my last day on earth, then I'm gonna miss so much of just plain ordinary stuff.
Like waking to watch the sun rise.
Like driving to the sea on traffic free roads
Like whispering HI to cats and dogs I pass.
Especially the two Cocker Spaniels at Civitanova Alta
Doing Tai Chi on an empty beach.
And singing to George as I swim towards the black post

A note; this wonder of living in the day for the day, is what we practice on our workshops, because you see, that is where creativity finds us, because we go looking for her in the mountains, by the rivers and lakes of the magnificent Sibillini mountains.




No comments:

Post a Comment