Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 3, 2024

An extraordinary experience

 Last night I was sitting in my garden at midnight watching a thunderstorm's uncertainty of direction in the eastern sky; whether to head our way or not. It was hugging the coastline, and probably drawn to the sea and unloading the rain we so desperately need here. Our cats were rolling around and bouncing onto one another expecting to be rained upon and soaked so that they could be dried afterwards (their favourite funtrip)

All this after a dinner party, illustrated by the lightning, with friends from Australia and Padova.

And this only five days before the night of the shooting stars, stelle cadente, or San Lorenzo and a celebration, a fiesta in town.

Do you believe in serendipity?

Say you do!

Flashes of light in the darkness

Just two months back I found myself trying to photograph fireflies at nightime, first with an iPhone (unsuccesful) and then with my old Nikon (equally so, but got a few pics before falling into a ditch)

And this is where the serendipity kicked in.

I googled how to photograph fireflies and got

A TED talk about fireflies (fascinating)

And a link to a group called Fireflies; (see below) and to a lady named Raquel Ferrer, whom I saw had already signed up to a one2one creativity session with me here down in Le Marche, Italy.

Which we did together just a week ago. at our retreat in Cittadella.......and.......well......it was just great. 

Explain!

Well, you know that feeling you get when there are just five gaps left on a jigsaw, and you swiftly put four in and you see that you're missing just one piece?

And then you rush around in panic searching everywhere for two days, under carpets, under sofas, inside cupboard drawers …. and then you find it in the puzzle box just lying there looking at you.

And you joyously click it into place. It's that feeling.

And then... A couple of days after our one2one at Cittadella, Raquel sent me this testimonial on Linked in about our time together

An Extraordinary Experience.

Surprise.
Acceptance.
Resilience.
Letting Go.
Breathing In.
Kindness.
Self-awareness.
Bravery.
Honesty.
Fun.
Laughs.
Breakfasts.
Cappuccinos.
Pasta, pasta and more pasta :)
Antipasti & melon.
Ginger.
Naps.
Compassion.
Risks.
New Projects.

Life.
Nature.
Discovery.
Chaos.
Joy.
Art.
Painting.
Playfulness.

Some time off in Italy, reflecting and creating from nature. Building harmony within and thinking about how important structure and freedom are for some of us.

Thank you Michael Eldridge for sharing these days with me, showing me how to create a powerful bubble - choosing what to bring and let in, and what to leave out - And thank you for introducing me to the world of Chi Kung and so much more.

I enjoyed playing in colors and giving myself full permission to be an artist. I have found my fun mindfulness - I can stay focused, and I can completely forget about the external world and noise when I paint - and I love it!

Now, this post is complete.

Those are my words!

G R A C I E M I L L E ! :) :) :)

And this is the painting we did together on the final day of our one2one



So, this is really a blog about serendipity and kindness and crosswords, but also about all the wonderful things that are out there once we unclutter our minds and enter the clear and fabulous river of creativity

Michael,

For info about workshops in Italy and One2Ones..

michaeleldridgestudio.com

Or contact micermice@gmail.com

tel; +39 3283535358

No comments:

Post a Comment