Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Walking back to childhood




But I know that, when I paint, time stops, and I travel to a place that is not this planet; I dance on the winds of the Universe'

Kreeg Zeuas


Lovely that.

I told a story to our group of artists last weekend about when I ran a photography workshop in the west of England. And when one participant, an eminent photographer, had guffawed at my request for the group to go out and only take photos of things that asked them to. He was waiting for me when I returned to the studio with anger in his eyes but I got in first and asked 'How old were you when your parents told you not to waste your time playing but to get back to your studies and learn?

Were you maybe seven years old?

He burst into tears and sobbed.

As did a lady sitting next to me in my art group this week.

So, there it is. We have to track back and find (it is never really lost) the child within us.




michaeleldridgestudio.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment